Laura Foley– Speech Therapist
BSc (hons), SLP, IASLT, CORU
Laura Foley is a Speech and Language Therapist with a BSc.Honours Degree from the University of Strathclyde, Glasgow. Since graduating in 2013, she worked in clinical, educational and hospital settings for four years before moving to the UAE in 2017. In this time Laura has developed a wealth of experience in supporting children presenting with a range of communication disorders including:
- language delay and disorder
- phonological delay and disorder
- articulation difficulties
- hearing impairment
- emotional and behavioural difficulties
- general and specific intellectual disabilities
- communication disorders associated with a variety of syndromes e.g. Autism Spectrum Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, and Down Syndrome
Laura is passionate about holistically supporting children to reach their potential and advocates for training and collaborating with parents/caregivers/ teaching staff and relevant professionals.
She is certified in Hanen It Takes Two to Talk, The Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule, Lamh sign language, Resilience training, First Aid and Basic lifesaving, Autism and communication, Autism and Sensory Processing, Autism Learning Styles.
Current Professional Memberships: