The recent addition to our team of Holly Angus, who is a UK qualified clinical dietician registered with the BDA, HCPC and DOH Abu Dhabi, which means we can now provide sound dietetic and nutritional advice to the Abu Dhabi community.
What is a Dietician?
Dietitians can assess, help diagnose and treat patients with dietary and nutritional problems. Using evidence-based practice, our dietitian can help translate scientific findings into practical and achievable guidelines to suit the individuals’ lifestyle.
Dietetic appointments available for:
- Weight loss advice and plans for overweight and obese patients
- Type 2 diabetes management
- Gastrointestinal issues i.e. IBS, constipation, coeliac disease
- Cardiovascular disease
- Nutrient deficiencies i.e. Vitamin D
- Improving sporting/fitness performance
Why visit a dietitian?
A dietitian is the only qualified and regulated health professional that can assess, diagnose and treat dietary and nutritional problems. They are able to give specialist nutritional advice about medical conditions to aid in management and recovery.
They use the most up-to-date scientific research on food, health and disease which they translate into practical guidance to enable people to make appropriate lifestyle and food choices.
- Struggling to control your weight and suffering from the comorbidities such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol?
- Suffering from an irritable bowel? Do you find certain foods effect your bowel habits?
- Tired of hearing conflicting dietary advice about weight loss, keto, paleo, fad diets?
- Worried about how your diet is affecting your heart health?
Want to know more about diabetes? Click the link here